When you meet a person who has just started their venture you meet someone who is curious and asking questions. Someone who wants to know how things are bound to work in the end. They are zealous and helpful. They want you to see the benefits of their product. Its not uncommon to come across such entrepreneurs/home business owners who are trying to figure their way out.
At a meet-up, I met Hameeda of Colors of Life who had the same inquisitive approach regarding her brand. This is what Hameeda’s journey is all about:
1. Tell us something about Hameeda as a person?
A. Hameeda is someone who is full of ambition and drive.
2. I have heard that you were a blogger. How has that helped you evolve as a person?
A. Yes I am a blogger. It has helped me a lot as I was never was a social person but I am now. My inst-blog can be found at food.fashion.fusion
3. Would you like to share the inspiration behind your brand?
A. We all know that there is a massive audience who loves to own scented candles. But due to their high prices it’s quiet hard for everyone to afford them. That is why I wanted to introduce scented candles at a very reasonable price.
4. Did your previous experience as a blogger help you build your brand?
A. I won’t say it helped me a lot but yeah it somewhat did. People do recognize my brand more due to my blogging experience.
5. As an entrepreneur how would you describe the start-up ecosystem of Pakistan?
A. I have had a mixed experience.
6. You have a different brand name. How did you come up with it?
A. The name popped up because it has everything which reflects life. We all have different colors in our lives. The different colors and scents of my candles reflect the same. So yeah, that is why I kept this name.
7. Why candles? How is yours different from any other candle on the market?
A. My candles are different because they are have a lower price point; they are scented and are good quality. A perfect combo.
8. Where do you see Colors of Life in the next 2 years?
A. In everyone’s homes 🙂 I am working on it right now. I’m working on its marketing and hoping for the best.
9. What is the one advice that you got in your childhood that you absolutely hated?
A. I have always taken advice seriously.
10. What is the one advice that you absolutely stand by to this day?
A. Always listen to your heart. Never give anyone too much importance. One thing I want to say is that we all should support each other in every possible way. If someone is starting something new then we should motivate them and support them.
And if that story hasn’t motivated you to start your small business then I doubt any other journey will. So light that candle and start working on your enterprise.